Great Little Rock Clinic
in search of a Licensed or Apprentice Optician
to join their team demonstrating outstanding customer service and leadership. The Optician will be expected to learn the policies and procedures necessary to support and assist the Management team.
THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Fills ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions and fits and adapts lenses and frames, to include but not limited to the following: Utilizing optical prescription, evaluates prescription in conjunction with customer's visual requirements.
- Recommends specific lenses, lens coatings and frames to suit customer needs. Assists customers in the selection of frames and coordinates frames with optical measurements and prescription.
- Conducts measurements of bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupilary distance and optical centers using appropriate tools.
- Providing optical service to customers as required by State law.
- Deliver excellent customer service and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism. Achieve high levels of sales performance and results.
- Build team commitment to high standards of service, exceeding customer expectations and leading by example.
- Assist the team in maintaining visual objectives. Any other tasks as assigned by any member of management.
- 1+ years of retail sales experience within a Optical environment.
- Knowledge of current optical theory and practices.
- State licensure.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written), including strong relationship building skills. Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate in a clear concise and understandable manner. Ability to be on your feet most of the day or moving on the sales floor or stock room.
- Physical activities include bending, kneeling, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking and/or reaching on a frequent basis.