Little Rock Specialty Clinic is seeking a billing specialist to join their growing team. Must have experience and great customer service for a broad cross-section of clients, so you will get to use your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as accuracy in this demanding role.
Great Group/Benefits/Perks! On-site! Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm or 8:30am-5pm!
- Establish and maintain security of medical records to ensure patient confidentiality on an ongoing basis
- Review patient records on a daily basis for accuracy, supply any missing information and ensure compliance with company policy and government regulations
- Balance accounts daily, prepare financial balance sheets and submit to finance director
- Generate revenue by working with patients to establish payment schedules for late accounts, following up with them as needed for continued late payments
- Evaluate and select collection agencies for use in recovering delinquent accounts, determine appropriateness of suing patients and testify for medical office in court cases
- Ensure office staff members are properly collecting co-pays and payment balances by auditing financial records of patients prior to each visit, and compile and maintain monthly bad-debt cost report for Medicare
- Access patient records as needed for review by physicians, technicians and other medical staff members
- Follow professional standards and meet requirements of local, state and federal regulations