Fantastic Little Rock Specialty Clinic in search of a meticulous and detail-oriented Surgical Coordinator to be responsible for administrative and clerical tasks. The Surgical Coordinator's responsibilities include scheduling appointments with the Surgeon, calling patients to remind them about their appointments, rescheduling appointments, and scheduling patients' surgeries. The Surgical Coordinator will also file paperwork, prepare bills, and work with insurance companies.
- Answering telephones and emails as well as common questions about surgical times, appointments, and instructions.
- Assisting patients with their documents and sign-in procedures.
- Scheduling patients' appointments and surgeries, sending reminders to patients, and scheduling emergency and add-on surgeries.
- Ensuring adequate preparation for surgeries by scheduling the necessary equipment and procedure rooms and maintaining the surgical inventory.
- Understanding surgical procedures, such as the necessary time a surgery takes and the medical staff necessary, in order to properly maintain a surgical schedule.
- Providing patients with pre and post-operative instructions.
- Managing surgical documents, gathering and inputting patients' information, and entering post-surgery data into patients' records.
- Ensuring all surgical cases are scheduled in a timely manner in accordance with the Physician or Surgeon's directions.
Monday-Friday 7:30-4:30pm! Great Group/Benefits/Doctors!!
- Good computer, telephone, and typing skills.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Familiarity with medical terminology, medical records, and medical coding.