Little Rock Surgery Center in search of a Registered Nurse to assist in the organization and daily function of the operating room.
Assists in overseeing patient care activities in the operating room
Monday thru Friday 8-5!
- Assesses patient/significant others understanding of disease process and need for surgical intervention
- Performs perioperative teaching to patient/significant other.
- Demonstrates appropriate nursing management and intervention in the perioperative
- Performs preoperative patient assessment, reviews surgeon preference card, assesses
- equipment/supply needs, prepares operating room, ensures availability of needed
- supplies and equipment and proper and safe working order.
- Provides safe medication administration.
- Manipulates patient position appropriate to surgical intervention, using positioning aids as
- needed to avoid impaired circulation, respiration and postoperative pain/discomfort.
- Performs surgical prep per standard of care and surgeon preference.
- Handles and documents specimens per policy.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in caring for the latex sensitive patient.
- Performs sponge, sharps and instrument counts per protocol.
- Initiates corrective actions when surgical counts are incorrect.
- Assures emergency equipment and supplies are available at all times.
- Keeps surgical suites clean, tidy, free of soiled equipment and supplies, and properly
- Uses principles of asepsis in varying situations.
- Initiates corrective action when breaks in technique occur.
- Wears appropriate attire in restricted area.
- Adheres to recommended traffic patterns.
Current Arkansas RN license, BLS and ACLS required. Two (2) years’ experience as an operating room nurse required. IV skills preferred.